Friday 21 March 2008

Baby Doll Beauty


The doll inspired trend has to be my most favourite look of S/S 08. A fantasy dream world, summed up by the John Galliano for Dior look:
Pale turquoise shadow, teamed with extravagant centred lashes and deliciously feminine rosy hues on both lips and cheeks. Grecian gold locks and curls finished the effect. C’est belle. I love it

Feminine, ethereal and eccentric, I think the doll beauty trend is wonderfully creative. Fantasy and dream-like in appearance it is a look that grown up girls dream of, and although slightly impractical for everyday, I think if you took the pale turquoise and the feminine, rosy hues it would be the perfect fresh look for S/S.

I think this look best suits young women with already pale complexions and bluey eyes. This trend of make-up will look great with the pale floral dresses of this season, to emphasise a truly feminine and delicate feel.


Luella also created a version of the ‘doll,’ with puff-balls of hair looped into bunny ears and glossy lips. Luella was the more grown-up version of the sweet doll look, however the Galliano look still remains my favourite.

No comments: